Artist Submission Policy
My Little Big Town is always on the look out for talented artists to become part of our ‘publishing family’. We work with a number of artists with varying levels of experience. The thing they all have in common…. Talent!
Your submission will be given careful evaluation for appropriate artistic merit. Unfortunately we are not able to offer any kind of analysis of portfolios which have been rejected.
Please note that we only accept a small percentage of the submissions we receive. We will contact artists who we have an expressed interest in considering for publication or whom we would like to consider working with at a future date, to discuss their submission in more detail. Please note that we receive a very high number of submissions and responce times can vary.
Your Submission Should Include
Please read the bullet points below to make sure your submission meets our guidelines. Submissions that do not conform to our guidelines will not be considered.
For postal submissions download, print and complete the Artist Submission Cover Sheet using the link below. This form MUST be included with your postal portfolio submission. Alternatively you can complete the online submission process using the link below.
Please complete all of the sections to help us with processing your submission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Your portfolio submission MUST consist of 12 images that can be uploaded at the end of the submission form. We judge on quality not quantity so make sure include your best work.
- All images files submitted via the online submission process must be in JPG or PNG format and each image must be under 2000px along the largest side.
- If you are submitting any images that have been made as part of a collaboration please include details of the other contributing artist(s) and written confirmation that you have the rights/permission to submit the images as part of your portfolio for review..
- Try to make your portfolio consistent. If you are submitting a ‘mixed portfolio’ don’t submit 11 comic book illustrations and 1 children’s book illustration. Make sure there are at least 3-4 examples of any particular ‘style’ so we can get a good picture of your work overall.
- Make sure that all images submitted are of a good quality. If optimizing an image for the web (Photoshop or other image tools) make sure to save at a minimum of 80% quality. All images must be 72dpi web-optimized to a good quality.
- All images submitted via our online submission process must be named in the following way. ArtistName_Imagetitle.jpg (eg. JohnSmith_Flowers.jpg).
- For online submissions individual files must not exceed 3mb in size. Please optimize your images to ensure they are under this limit.
My Little Big Town currently accepts artist portfolio submissions by mail and online. If you would like us to confirm receipt of postal submissions please include a stamped, addressed postcard/envelope with your submission pack. We will confirm receipt of digital submissions via e-mail, however we are not always able to do this right away so please be patient.Online Submissions are CLOSED – Postal Submissions Only Please
We would like to thank you in advance for all of your submissions. We understand how much goes into creating a portfolio of artwork, so even if we don’t accept your submission you deserve a pat on the back! Keep trying and good luck!