Manuscript Submission Policy
My Little Big Town encourages high quality manuscript submissions and proposals in all literary genres. Your submission will be given careful evaluation for appropriate literary merit. Unfortunately we are not able to offer any kind of analysis of manuscripts which have been rejected.
Please note that we only accept a small percentage of the submissions we receive. We will contact authors who we have an expressed interest in considering for publication, to request their full manuscript.
How Long Until I Receive A Reply?
Please note that we receive a very high number of submissions and response times can vary. While we do try reply to submissions as quickly as possible, in particularly busy times it can take us upwards of six months to give a response. We offer no guarantee as to when you will receive a reply. Due to the time needed to properly assess manuscripts we look at submissions in four or five week long periods throughout the year. Submissions received outside of these times will be logged safely and viewed during the new review period.
Please note, calling or emailing our offices will NOT speed up the review process on your manuscript/submission. We will get to it as soon as we can. Calling the office will simply add to our workload and slow down the process. Should we want to discuss your submission further we will contact you.
Your Submission Should Include
Please read the bullet points below to make sure your submission meets our guidelines. Submissions that do not conform to our guidelines will not be considered for publication. Please save yourself additional time and effort by making sure your submissions meets ALL of our guidelines.
For All Submissions (Postal & Online)
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced and typed in Times New Roman or Arial font on a standard A4 document. Please use font size 12 point type (black). New chapters should start on a new page and chapter/verse headings should be clear and bold.
- We only accept manuscripts digitally if they are in PDF or DOC format (other formats will NOT be considered). Please double check (and triple check to be sure) that the file you are sending can be opened and is not corrupt in any way. Any format other than PDF or DOC will not be opened.
- If you have used material belonging to third-party copyright holders, you must be accurate in declaring which sources you have cited in your submission. For Non-Fiction submissions please be sure to list ALL sources of research/information, where relevant.
- For digital submissions please include any images embedded within your pdf document. Alternatively you can submit a link at the end of the form to an on-line portfolio/website where the images are hosted. Please do not email artwork to us separate to your manuscript submission.
- We usually only accept full manuscripts for consideration. The minimum we will look at is 5 completed chapters, but be aware that if we are interested we will require the remaining chapters to be submitted, so don’t submit ‘ideas’ that are at a very early stage.
- Please carefully check the grammar and spelling (the spell-check is a wonderful thing) of your manuscript. While an editor will always work on a book before it is published it will go a long way towards convincing us that you have what it takes to be a published author if you have made the effort to make sure your manuscript makes sense.
My Little Big Town currently accepts manuscript submissions by POST and ONLINE.
We will confirm receipt of digital submissions via e-mail, however we are not always able to do this right away so please be patient.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
Begin Online Submission
You will be taken through a multi-page submission process where you can tell us all about your manuscript, yourself and upload a PDF or DOC file for us to review. Sections that MUST be completed will be clearly marked. The submission process is very important, please take the time to answer everything as fully as you can to help us in the review process. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed or stored.Submit Your Manuscript Online
Extra Notes for Postal Submissions
- If you have illustrations or artwork to accompany your submission please DO NOT include original artwork or sketches. We are unable to return any artwork!
- If you would like your submission returned please include a stamped, addressed envelope with sufficient postage.
- If you would like us to confirm receipt of postal submissions please include a stamped, addressed postcard with your submission pack.
Cover Sheet For Postal Submissions
Download, print and complete the Authors Submission Cover Sheet using the link below. This form MUST be included with all postal submissions submission. Please complete all of the sections to help us with processing your submission. Incomplete forms will not be considered.Download Postal Submissions Cover Sheet
We would like to thank you in advance for all of your submissions. We understand how much goes into writing a book, so even if we don’t accept your submission you deserve a pat on the back!
Many of the best authors in the world struggled to get published to begin with….Keep writing, keep improving and Good Luck!